What is WOKADINE M ONIT used for?
WOKADINE M ONIT is primarily used for the treatment of vaginal candidiasis, amoebiasis, and ulcerative gingivitis. It is also recommended for the treatment of following conditions:
- Cutaneous candidiasis
- Oral candidiasis
- Otitis externa
WOKADINE M ONIT may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does WOKADINE M ONIT work?
In WOKADINE M ONIT, Metronidazole belongs to the class of drugs called anti-protozoal agents. This drug acts by inhibiting the nucleic acid synthesis of the pathogenic microorganism resulting in cell death.
Povidone Iodine belongs to the class of drugs called as antiseptics. This drug acts by penetrating into the cell wall of microorganism and disrupts the structure and synthesis of proteins required for their growth.
How to use WOKADINE M ONIT?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use WOKADINE M ONIT as prescribed by your doctor.
- Apply a small amount of ointment on the affected area, as directed by the physician.
- Use the solution as suggested by the doctor, avoid applying it onto the broken skin.
- Please follow the instructions provided on the leaflet while using WOKADINE M ONIT spray.
If you miss a dose of WOKADINE M ONIT, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with WOKADINE M ONIT?
Drugs that interact with WOKADINE M ONIT ointment include the following:
- Arsenic trioxide
- Fusidic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of WOKADINE M ONIT?
The following are the most common side effects of WOKADINE M ONIT ointment:
- Local irritation
- Skin rash
- Dry skin
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe redness
- Severe burning at the site of application
- Scaly skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using WOKADINE M ONIT?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to WOKADINE M ONIT or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not apply WOKADINE M ONIT to the sunburned skin.
- Do not store WOKADINE M ONIT near an open flame or direct heat.
- Avoid accidental contact of WOKADINE M ONIT with eyes, nose, and mouth.
What should you tell your doctor before using WOKADINE M ONIT?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of chronic skin disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other topical drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about WOKADINE M ONIT
- Can I apply cosmetics while using WOKADINE M ONIT ?
- Is it safe to use WOKADINE M ONIT to treat infections after surgery?
- What are the other formulations of WOKADINE M ONIT available?
- What is the duration of treatment with WOKADINE M ONIT?
- Is it safe to use WOKADINE M ONIT in patients with dermatitis?
You can apply cosmetics 30 minutes after applying WOKADINE M ONIT. However, you must consult the doctor before applying any topical agents or cosmetics.
Yes. It is safe to use WOKADINE M ONIT to treat infections after surgery when recommended by the doctor.
WOKADINE M ONIT is also available as of cream and gargle solutions.
The duration of treatment with WOKADINE M ONIT is usually one week. However, your doctor may prescribe it for longer duration depending on the condition.
Yes. It is safe to use WOKADINE M ONIT in patients with dermatitis when recommended by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.