Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is WINZID Syrup used for?
WINZID Syrup is used for treating the following conditions:
- Acid indigestion
- Stomach ulcer
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux
WINZID Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does WINZID Syrup work?
In WINZID Syrup, Magaldrate belongs to the class of drugs called antacids. This drug neutralises the excess acid in the stomach.
Oxetacaine belongs to the class of drugs called anaesthetics, which works by blocking the pain signals and decreasing the sensation of pain.
Simethicone belongs to a class of drugs called surface-active substances. It works by disintegrating the gas bubbles and allowing the easy passage of gas.
How to take WINZID Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take WINZID Syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
Take WINZID Syrup with or without food. Shake the container well before taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of WINZID Syrup, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with WINZID Syrup?
Drugs that interact with WINZID Syrup are:
- Ascorbic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of WINZID Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of WINZID Syrup:
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty breathing
- Tightness in the chest
- Swelling of the face, lips or tongue
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking WINZID Syrup?
- Avoid WINZID Syrup during pregnancy as it may affect the growing foetus.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on WINZID Syrup as it may cause excessive drowsiness or dizziness.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if WINZID Syrup cause dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid WINZID Syrup in case of allergic reactions.
You are advised not to take WINZID Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking WINZID Syrup?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver or gastrointestinal diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in WINZID Syrup or its ingredients.
Frequently Asked questions about WINZID Syrup
- How should WINZID Syrup be stored?
- How many times in a day can I take WINZID Syrup?
- Should I follow any dietary instructions while taking WINZID Syrup?
- How long can I take WINZID Syrup?
- Can I use other medications while taking WINZID Syrup?
Store WINZID Syrup at room temperature (25 – 30°C) and in a dry place, away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
WINZID Syrup is usually taken 4 times a day. However, please consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
Yes, intake of fiber-rich food is advised while on WINZID Syrup.
It is recommended to take WINZID Syrup for the prescribed duration. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
Yes. However, a gap of 2 hours is recommended before taking WINZID Syrup with other drugs. You must consult your doctor before taking any other medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.