WINOLAP EYE DROPS 5ML
By SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTD Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
No top brand available
No top generic available
|No|| generic substitutes available |
What is Olopatadine Hydrochloride used for?
Olopatadine Hydrochloride is used to treat eye irritations, such as allergic conjunctivitis and seasonal allergic rhinitis.
Olopatadine Hydrochloride may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Olopatadine Hydrochloride work?
Olopatadine Hydrochloride belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamines. This drug acts by inhibiting the release of histamine. Thus, it relieves the allergic symptoms of conjunctivitis.
How to use Olopatadine Hydrochloride?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use Olopatadine Hydrochloride eye drops as prescribed by your doctor.
Instil 1 or 2 drops of Olopatadine Hydrochloride eye drops into the conjunctival sac and keep the eyes closed for at least 2 minutes. Do not let the container tip touch the eye lid or skin.
If you miss a dose of Olopatadine Hydrochloride, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Olopatadine Hydrochloride?
Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Olopatadine Hydrochloride?
The following are the most common side effects of Olopatadine Hydrochloride:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Body aches or pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Eye pain or severe eye irritation
- Swelling of the eyelid
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Olopatadine Hydrochloride?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Olopatadine Hydrochloride or similar drugs.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Avoid using Olopatadine Hydrochloride during pregnancy and breastfeeding as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use Olopatadine Hydrochloride if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using Olopatadine Hydrochloride?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of pre-existing eye disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Olopatadine Hydrochloride
- How should Olopatadine Hydrochloride be stored?
- Can I use Olopatadine Hydrochloride while wearing contact lens?
- Is it safe to drive while on Olopatadine Hydrochloride medication?
- Can I use Olopatadine Hydrochloride to treat contact lens irritation?
Olopatadine Hydrochloride should be stored at 4 – 25? C. Keep the bottle closed when not in use.
It is advised to remove the contact lens before using Olopatadine Hydrochloride and wait for at least 10 – 15 mins before inserting them again.
It is not advised to drive while using Olopatadine Hydrochloride as it may cause dizziness and blurred vision.
No, Olopatadine Hydrochloride is not advised to treat contact lens irritation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.