What is WINOLAP Eye Drops used for?
WINOLAP Eye Drops is used to treat eye irritations, such as allergic conjunctivitis and seasonal allergic rhinitis.
WINOLAP Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does WINOLAP Eye Drops work?
WINOLAP Eye Drops belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamines. This drug acts by inhibiting the release of histamine. Thus, it relieves the allergic symptoms of conjunctivitis.
How to use WINOLAP Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use WINOLAP Eye Drops eye drops as prescribed by your doctor.
Instil 1 or 2 drops of WINOLAP Eye Drops eye drops into the conjunctival sac and keep the eyes closed for at least 2 minutes. Do not let the container tip touch the eye lid or skin.
If you miss a dose of WINOLAP Eye Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with WINOLAP Eye Drops?
Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of WINOLAP Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of WINOLAP Eye Drops:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Body aches or pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Eye pain or severe eye irritation
- Swelling of the eyelid
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using WINOLAP Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to WINOLAP Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Avoid using WINOLAP Eye Drops during pregnancy and breastfeeding as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use WINOLAP Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using WINOLAP Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of pre-existing eye disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about WINOLAP Eye Drops
- How should WINOLAP Eye Drops be stored?
- Can I use WINOLAP Eye Drops while wearing contact lens?
- Is it safe to drive while on WINOLAP Eye Drops medication?
- Can I use WINOLAP Eye Drops to treat contact lens irritation?
WINOLAP Eye Drops should be stored at 4 – 25? C. Keep the bottle closed when not in use.
It is advised to remove the contact lens before using WINOLAP Eye Drops and wait for at least 10 – 15 mins before inserting them again.
It is not advised to drive while using WINOLAP Eye Drops as it may cause dizziness and blurred vision.
No, WINOLAP Eye Drops is not advised to treat contact lens irritation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.