What is VOLUVEN Injection used for?
VOLUVEN Injection is used for the treatment of fluid replacement in case of dehydration that may occur due to severe injury, surgery or any disease.
VOLUVEN Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VOLUVEN Injection work?
In VOLUVEN Injection , Starch is a colloidal solution that expands plasma volume when administered intravenously.
Sodium Chloride belongs to the class of drugs called electrolyte supplements. It helps in regulating the electrolyte levels in the body. Thus, it prevents the loss of sodium caused by dehydration.
How to administer VOLUVEN Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
VOLUVEN Injection injection is administered only under the supervision of a healthcare provider. Do not self-medicate.
What are the drugs that interact with VOLUVEN Injection ?
Please consult your doctor for the possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VOLUVEN Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of VOLUVEN Injection :
- Fluid overload
- Redness at the site of injection
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving VOLUVEN Injection ?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on VOLUVEN Injection
- Do not consume alcohol while using VOLUVEN Injection .
- Avoid using VOLUVEN Injection in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid using VOLUVEN Injection if you have pre-existing renal dysfunction.
- Discontinue the use of VOLUVEN Injection at the first sign of renal injury.
- Monitor coagulation status while using VOLUVEN Injection in patients undergoing heart surgery
What should you tell your doctor before receiving VOLUVEN Injection ?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in VOLUVEN Injection
Frequently Asked questions about VOLUVEN Injection
- Is it safe to use Clopidogrel while on VOLUVEN Injection ?
- What are the overdose symptoms of VOLUVEN Injection ?
- Is it common to develop persistent pain at the site of injection?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using VOLUVEN Injection ?
No, it is not advisable to use Clopidogrel while using VOLUVEN Injection . However, please consult your doctor before using any drugs.
The overdose symptoms of VOLUVEN Injection are rash, redness and inflammation at the site of injection.
The occurrence of pain or redness is rare while using VOLUVEN Injection . However, please consult your doctor immediately.
Periodic monitoring of fluid balance, serum electrolyte concentrations, acid-base balance, kidney function and coagulation parameters while on prolonged parenteral therapy with VOLUVEN Injection .
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.