Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is VIROCOMB N Tablet used for?
VIROCOMB N Tablet is used for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection and chronic hepatitis B infection. Taking this combination along with other lifestyle changes may reduce the risk of transmission of the disease.
VIROCOMB N Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VIROCOMB N Tablet work?
VIROCOMB N Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called reverse transcriptase inhibitors. This combination prevents the replication of HIV in the human cells. Thus, it stops replication of the viruses.
How to use VIROCOMB N Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take VIROCOMB N Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. You may also crush the tablet and combine them with small amount of food or drink if you cannot swallow the tablets whole. You must take the crushed tablet immediately.
If you miss a dose of VIROCOMB N Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with VIROCOMB N Tablet?
Drugs that interact with VIROCOMB N Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VIROCOMB N Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of VIROCOMB N Tablet:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Joint pain and muscle pain
- Difficulty sleeping
- Hair loss
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- General aches and pains
- Decrease of platelets
- Patchy colour changes inside the mouth
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions VIROCOMB N Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to VIROCOMB N Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on VIROCOMB N Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of VIROCOMB N Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking VIROCOMB N Tablet if you have any liver impairment. Use of this combination may cause potentially fatal liver damage if you have a history of liver impairment.
You are advised not to take VIROCOMB N Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discoloration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking VIROCOMB N Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of muscle problems, abnormal blood cell counts, liver disease, diabetes, nerve or kidney problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you previously experienced any liver problems or severe skin rash while on treatment with nevirapine-containing products.
Frequently Asked questions about VIROCOMB N Tablet
- Can I stop taking VIROCOMB N Tablet if I feel better?
- Is it safe to use St. John’s wort while taking VIROCOMB N Tablet?
- What are the other formulations available for VIROCOMB N Tablet?
- How long can I take VIROCOMB N Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of VIROCOMB N Tablet?
VIROCOMB N Tablet is used to control HIV infection, but not to cure the condition. Therefore, you have to take the drug continuously unless your doctor tells you to stop it.
You must avoid taking St. John’s wort with VIROCOMB N Tablet. Use of St. John’s wort may decrease the efficacy of VIROCOMB N Tablet when used concomitantly.
VIROCOMB N Tablet medicine is available as tablet.
VIROCOMB N Tablet medicine should be taken till the course is completed. Abrupt discontinuation of the medicine may lead to reoccurrence of the disease.
No. Do not alter the dose of VIROCOMB N Tablet medicine. Consult your doctor if you have any problem with the dose.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.