VINICOR D 50mg Tablet 10's
By IPCA LABORATORIES LTD Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is VINICOR D 50mg Tablet used for?
VINICOR D 50mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of the following:
- Angina (chest pain)
- Heart failure
VINICOR D 50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VINICOR D 50mg Tablet work?
In VINICOR D 50mg Tablet, Chlorthalidone belongs to the class of drugs called thiazide diuretics. It works by eliminating excess salt and water from the body. Thus, it helps in lowering high blood pressure.
Metoprolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-adrenergic blockers. This drug acts by blocking certain chemicals that control the functioning of heart and blood vessels. Thus, it helps to decrease blood pressure.
How to take VINICOR D 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take VINICOR D 50mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of VINICOR D 50mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with VINICOR D 50mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with VINICOR D 50mg Tablet include the following:
- Levomethadyl acetate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VINICOR D 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of VINICOR D 50mg Tablet:
- Cold sweat
- Joint pain
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest tightness
- Double vision
- Dry mouth
- Fast heartbeat
- Unusual weight loss
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking VINICOR D 50mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to VINICOR D 50mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of VINICOR D 50mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if VINICOR D 50mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take VINICOR D 50mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking VINICOR D 50mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver disorder.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about VINICOR D 50mg Tablet
- What are the contraindications of VINICOR D 50mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking VINICOR D 50mg Tablet?
- How should VINICOR D 50mg Tablet be stored?
Contraindications of VINICOR D 50mg Tablet include tachycardia, psoriasis and pheochromocytoma.
It is advised to monitor blood pressure and kidney function while taking VINICOR D 50mg Tablet.
VINICOR D 50mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15-30°C) away from light, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.