VINICOR D 25mg Tablet 10's
What is VINICOR D 25mg Tablet used for?
VINICOR D 25mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of the following:
- Angina (chest pain)
- Heart failure
VINICOR D 25mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VINICOR D 25mg Tablet work?
In VINICOR D 25mg Tablet, Chlorthalidone belongs to the class of drugs called thiazide diuretics. It works by eliminating excess salt and water from the body. Thus, it helps in lowering high blood pressure.
Metoprolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-adrenergic blockers. This drug acts by blocking certain chemicals that control the functioning of heart and blood vessels. Thus, it helps to decrease blood pressure.
How to take VINICOR D 25mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take VINICOR D 25mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of VINICOR D 25mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with VINICOR D 25mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with VINICOR D 25mg Tablet include the following:
- Levomethadyl acetate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VINICOR D 25mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of VINICOR D 25mg Tablet:
- Cold sweat
- Joint pain
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest tightness
- Double vision
- Dry mouth
- Fast heartbeat
- Unusual weight loss
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking VINICOR D 25mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to VINICOR D 25mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of VINICOR D 25mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if VINICOR D 25mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take VINICOR D 25mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking VINICOR D 25mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver disorder.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about VINICOR D 25mg Tablet
- What are the contraindications of VINICOR D 25mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking VINICOR D 25mg Tablet?
- How should VINICOR D 25mg Tablet be stored?
Contraindications of VINICOR D 25mg Tablet include tachycardia, psoriasis and pheochromocytoma.
It is advised to monitor blood pressure and kidney function while taking VINICOR D 25mg Tablet.
VINICOR D 25mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15-30°C) away from light, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.