Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is VESIFA 10mg Balm used for?
VESIFA 10mg Balm is used for the treatment of urinary incontinence (involuntary leakage of urine) associated with overactive bladder.
VESIFA 10mg Balm may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VESIFA 10mg Balm work?
VESIFA 10mg Balm belongs to the class of drugs called anti-spasmodic agents. This drug acts by binding and inhibiting the action of a neurotransmitter, which controls the muscle contraction and relaxation. Inhibiting the action of acetylcholine helps in retaining a larger volume of urine and lowering the frequency of urination by reducing the smooth muscle tone in the bladder.
How to take VESIFA 10mg Balm?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take VESIFA 10mg Balm as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of VESIFA 10mg Balm, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of VESIFA 10mg Balm may include:
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty walking
- Increased heartbeat
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with VESIFA 10mg Balm?
Drugs that interact with VESIFA 10mg Balm include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VESIFA 10mg Balm?
The following are the most common side effects of VESIFA 10mg Balm:
- Stomach pain
- Extreme tiredness
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Enlarged pupils
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking VESIFA 10mg Balm?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to VESIFA 10mg Balm or similar drugs.
- Limit the use of alcoholic beverages as it may alter the absorption of VESIFA 10mg Balm medication.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking VESIFA 10mg Balm medicine as it can cause severe drowsiness or temporary changes in the vision.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid performing strenuous exercises in hot weather while on VESIFA 10mg Balm medication.
- Avoid taking VESIFA 10mg Balm if you have any history of closed angle glaucoma or myasthenia gravis.
You are advised not to take VESIFA 10mg Balm if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking VESIFA 10mg Balm?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of bladder problems or chronic constipation.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have enlarged prostate or a family history of glaucoma.
- Inform your doctor before taking VESIFA 10mg Balm medication prior to any scheduled surgery.
Frequently Asked questions about VESIFA 10mg Balm
- Is it common to experience painful urination while on VESIFA 10mg Balm?
- Is it safe to use VESIFA 10mg Balm medication in geriatric patients?
- Can I take VESIFA 10mg Balm medication in case of ulcerative colitis?
- Can I take VESIFA 10mg Balm medication during pregnancy?
Burning/painful urination is one of the most common side effects of VESIFA 10mg Balm medication. However, consult your doctor immediately if you experience this symptom persists or worsens.
Be cautious while taking VESIFA 10mg Balm drug in older adults as they are more susceptible to developing the risks of side effects.
Inform your doctor before taking VESIFA 10mg Balm medicine if you have any history of ulcerative colitis.
Consult your doctor regarding the benefits and potential risks of VESIFA 10mg Balm medication during pregnancy.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.