What is VERTIZAC Tablet used for?
VERTIZAC Tablet tablet is used for treating vertigo, motion sickness and nausea associated with pregnancy.
VERTIZAC Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VERTIZAC Tablet work?
In VERTIZAC Tablet, Cinnarizine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamine agents. It works by inhibiting the contractions of the vascular smooth muscle by blocking the calcium channels.
Dimenhydrinate belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamine agents. The drug acts by inhibiting the stimulation of certain nerves in the brain, thereby reducing the symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting and dizziness.
How to take VERTIZAC Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take VERTIZAC Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of VERTIZAC Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of VERTIZAC Tablet include the following:
- Increased heart rate
- Muscle stiffness
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with VERTIZAC Tablet?
Drugs that interact with VERTIZAC Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VERTIZAC Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of VERTIZAC Tablet:
- Stomach discomfort
- Dry mouth
- Excessive sweating
- Weight gain
- Depressed mood
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Unusual weakness
- Unusual movement of muscles
- Excessive salivation
- Muscle stiffness and trembling
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking VERTIZAC Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to VERTIZAC Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on VERTIZAC Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of VERTIZAC Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if VERTIZAC Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Consult your doctor before taking VERTIZAC Tablet medication during breastfeeding.
You are advised not to take VERTIZAC Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking VERTIZAC Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or Parkinson’s disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions about VERTIZAC Tablet?
- How should VERTIZAC Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of VERTIZAC Tablet?
- Is it safe to take VERTIZAC Tablet during pregnancy?
- How much time does VERTIZAC Tablet take to show its effect?
VERTIZAC Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15-30°C) away from heat, light and moisture. Keep the medication out of reach of children.
It is not advisable to alter the dose of VERTIZAC Tablet medicine as it can increase the risk of side effects.
It is not advisable to take VERTIZAC Tablet during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor for the potential risks of VERTIZAC Tablet during pregnancy.
It takes one hour time for VERTIZAC Tablet to show its effect.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.