Rs.60.75 (49% Savings)
Rs.66.00 (44% Savings)
Rs.66.00 (44% Savings)
Rs.92.00 (23% Savings)
Rs.111.00 (7% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is VERTIN 16MG TABLET used for?
VERTIN 16MG TABLET capsule/tablet is used for the treatment of the symptoms of Meniere’s disease, such as vertigo and ringing in the ears (tinnitus).
VERTIN 16MG TABLET may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VERTIN 16MG TABLET work?
VERTIN 16MG TABLET belongs to the class of drugs called anti-vertigo preparations. The drug acts by reducing the action of certain receptors, thereby increasing blood flow and serotonin levels in the brain. Thus, it decreases the symptoms of vertigo.
How to take VERTIN 16MG TABLET?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take VERTIN 16MG TABLET capsule/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Do not tear open the capsule.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of VERTIN 16MG TABLET, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of VERTIN 16MG TABLET include the following:
- Abdominal pain
- Heart and lung problems
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with VERTIN 16MG TABLET?
Drugs that interact with VERTIN 16MG TABLET include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VERTIN 16MG TABLET?
The following are the most common side effects of VERTIN 16MG TABLET:
- Stomach pain and bloating
- Swelling of the skin
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin Rashes
- Swelling of the face, tongue or throat
- Difficulty breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking VERTIN 16MG TABLET?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to VERTIN 16MG TABLET or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on VERTIN 16MG TABLET.
- Be cautious while taking VERTIN 16MG TABLET if you have any liver impairment or bronchial asthma.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Consult your doctor before taking VERTIN 16MG TABLET medicine during breastfeeding.
- Be cautious while using VERTIN 16MG TABLET in geriatric patients.
You are advised not to take VERTIN 16MG TABLET if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking VERTIN 16MG TABLET?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of stomach or intestinal ulcer.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking nicotine, as it may affect the absorption of the drug.
Frequently Asked Questions about VERTIN 16MG TABLET
- How should VERTIN 16MG TABLET be stored?
- Can I suggest VERTIN 16MG TABLET medicine to a person suffering from Meniere’s disease?
- What are the contraindications of VERTIN 16MG TABLET?
- Is it safe to take VERTIN 16MG TABLET during pregnancy?
VERTIN 16MG TABLET should be stored at room temperature away from heat, light and moisture. Keep the medication out of reach of children.
No. It is not advisable to suggest VERTIN 16MG TABLET medication to any person, as the symptoms vary in each individual.
It is not advisable to take VERTIN 16MG TABLET while suffering from Pheochromocytoma (a rare tumour of the adrenal gland).
Consult your doctor to discuss the potential risks and benefits of VERTIN 16MG TABLET medicine during pregnancy.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.