VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet 10's
By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
Rs.36.00 (21% Savings)
Rs.41.70 (9% Savings)
Rs.45.10 (1% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet used for?
VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Attention deficit disorder
- Neuropathic pain
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet work?
VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anxiolytic and anti-depressant agents. This drug acts by inhibiting the reabsorption of certain neurotransmitters in the brain. Thus, it helps in relieving anxiety and promoting the mental health of an individual.
How to take VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet may include:
- Profuse sweating
- Persistent vomiting
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Joint pain
- Muscle stiffness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurry vision
- Suicidal tendencies
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet
- I am on VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet for anxiety disorder. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet?
Yes, you can stop taking VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet tablet/capsule once you feel better. Do not overuse the medicine as it may lead to drug dependence. Please consult your doctor for further information.
It is advised to monitor your heart rate, blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels at regular intervals while taking VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet tablet/capsule.
Do not alter the dose of VENTAB XL 37.5mg Tablet tablet without consulting the doctor. A sudden change in the dose of the medicine may increase the risk of side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.