Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
VELFU D Tablet 7's
By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is VELFU D Tablet used for?
VELFU D Tablet is used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or enlarged prostate.
VELFU D Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VELFU D Tablet work?
In VELFU D Tablet, Alfuzosin belongs to the class of drugs called alpha blockers. It works by relaxing the muscles in the prostate gland. Thus, it helps in reducing the symptoms.
Dutasteride belongs to the class of drugs called 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors. It works by inhibiting certain enzymes that converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which is responsible for the growth of the prostate. Thus, it helps in shrinking the prostate gland.
How to use VELFU D Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use VELFU D Tablet tablet, capsule , kit as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take VELFU D Tablet with or without food.
- Use the kit as per the guidelines printed on the leaflet.
If you miss a dose of VELFU D Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with VELFU D Tablet?
Drugs that interact with VELFU D Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VELFU D Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of VELFU D Tablet:
- Loss of appetite
- Ejaculation problems
- Painful ejaculation
- Pain or stiffness in the back, hips or thighs
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Decreased sex drive
- Blood in urine or semen
- Trouble getting an erection
- Drop in blood pressure
- Swelling of the face, tongue or throat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using VELFU D Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on VELFU D Tablet
- Avoid VELFU D Tablet in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Be cautious while using VELFU D Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not consume alcohol while using VELFU D Tablet as it may cause dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to use VELFU D Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using VELFU D Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in VELFU D Tablet
Frequently Asked questions about VELFU D Tablet
- How is VELFU D Tablet stored?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on VELFU D Tablet?
- Can I discontinue using VELFU D Tablet when I feel better?
VELFU D Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15–30 °C), away from moisture and sunlight.
It is advisable to include nutrient-rich food in your diet as loss of appetite is one of the side effects of VELFU D Tablet.
Do not stop using VELFU D Tablet abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.