Rs.164.90 (34% Savings)
Rs.195.00 (22% Savings)
Rs.230.00 (8% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is VEBALONE 150mg used for?
VEBALONE 150mg is used for the treatment of post-menopausal osteoporosis, hypercalcaemia, skeletal muscle defects and bone metastasis in patients with breast cancer.
VEBALONE 150mg may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VEBALONE 150mg work?
VEBALONE 150mg belongs to the class of drugs called bone mineralisation agents. The drug acts by inhibiting the action of osteoclast, which helps in breakdown of bone by bone cells. Thus, it helps in increasing the bone strength. It also helps by reducing the risk of hip fractures.
How to use VEBALONE 150mg?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use VEBALONE 150mg as prescribed by your doctor.
- VEBALONE 150mg is available as an injection and tablet. VEBALONE 150mg injection should be administered under medical supervision.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
The overdose symptoms of VEBALONE 150mg may include:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Severe abdominal pain
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with VEBALONE 150mg?
Drugs that interact with VEBALONE 150mg include the following:
- Mycophenolic Acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VEBALONE 150mg?
The following are the most common side effects of VEBALONE 150mg:
- Abdominal pain
- Bone pain
- Increased nitrogen and blood urea levels
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Osteonecrosis of jaw bone
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using VEBALONE 150mg?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to VEBALONE 150mg or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of VEBALONE 150mg.
- Be cautious while taking VEBALONE 150mg tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid the medicine if you can’t stay in an upright position or stand for at least one hour.
You are advised not to use VEBALONE 150mg if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using VEBALONE 150mg?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of cancer, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, bone fractures or low calcium levels.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of VEBALONE 150mg.
Frequently Asked questions about VEBALONE 150mg
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using VEBALONE 150mg?
- I am on VEBALONE 150mg for hypercalcaemia. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of VEBALONE 150mg?
- Can I take VEBALONE 150mg tablet if I am lactose intolerant?
Yes, periodic monitoring of bone mineral density, serum phosphate, serum magnesium and serum calcium levels is advised while using VEBALONE 150mg.
Upon normalisation of serum calcium levels, you may stop the use of VEBALONE 150mg. However, it is advised to consult the doctor before you discontinue the medicine.
No, altering the dose of VEBALONE 150mg is not advised. Please consult your doctor if you have to alter the dose.
No, VEBALONE 150mg tablets contain lactose. Therefore, please inform your doctor if you are lactose intolerant.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.