VASOGRAIN Tablet 14's
By Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
How does VASOGRAIN Tablet combination work?
In VASOGRAIN Tablet combination, Caffeine belongs to the class of drugs called methylxanthines. The drug acts by inhibiting the release of certain neurotransmitters in the brain, thereby providing temporary alertness. Thus, it helps to prevent drowsiness and reduces the effects of a migraine.
Ergotamine belongs to the class of drugs called alpha-adrenergic blocking agents. The drug acts by contracting the intracranial extracerebral blood vessels, thereby improving the flow of blood. Thus, it helps in to relieve the symptoms of a migraine headache.
Paracetamol belongs to the class of drugs called NSAIDs. The drug acts by inhibiting the function of cyclooxygenase enzyme, thereby suppressing the brain signals from reaching to the brain. Thus, it helps in reducing the pain, inflammation, and fever.
Prochlorperazine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-psychotics. The drug acts by inhibiting the action of dopamine receptors in the brain, thereby reducing the symptoms of a migraine.
How to take VASOGRAIN Tablet combination?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take VASOGRAIN Tablet combination tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of VASOGRAIN Tablet combination, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of VASOGRAIN Tablet combination include the following:
- Decreased pulse rate
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with VASOGRAIN Tablet combination?
Drugs that interact with VASOGRAIN Tablet combination include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VASOGRAIN Tablet combination?
The following are the most common side effects of VASOGRAIN Tablet combination:
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle pain
- Localised oedema
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Slurred speech
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking VASOGRAIN Tablet combination?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to VASOGRAIN Tablet combination or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while taking VASOGRAIN Tablet combination if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if VASOGRAIN Tablet combination causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of VASOGRAIN Tablet combination .
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take VASOGRAIN Tablet combination if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking VASOGRAIN Tablet combination?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you had recently suffered a heart attack.
Frequently Asked Questions about VASOGRAIN Tablet combination
- Is it safe to take VASOGRAIN Tablet combination while having high blood pressure?
- How should VASOGRAIN Tablet combination be stored?
- Is it safe to take VASOGRAIN Tablet combination while having diabetes?
- Is it safe to take VASOGRAIN Tablet combination medicine during pregnancy?
It is not advisable to take VASOGRAIN Tablet combination while suffering from hypertension (high blood pressure).
VASOGRAIN Tablet combination should be stored at room temperature (15-30oC) away from heat, light, and moisture.
Consult your doctor before taking VASOGRAIN Tablet combination medication while you are having high blood sugar levels (diabetes).
Consult your doctor before taking VASOGRAIN Tablet combination during pregnancy as it may show certain undesirable effects on the developing foetus.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.