VARIPRES 1mg Injection 10ml
By Cipla Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is VARIPRES 1mg Injection used for?
VARIPRES 1mg Injection is used for the treatment of oesophageal varices.
VARIPRES 1mg Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VARIPRES 1mg Injection work?
VARIPRES 1mg Injection belongs to the class of drugs called as the haemostatics. This drug acts by reducing the blood flow to the portal vein, which reduces the portal venous pressure and decreases the blood flow through the shunts. Thus, it helps in inhibiting the oesophageal variceal bleeding.
How to administer VARIPRES 1mg Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
VARIPRES 1mg Injection is available as an injection. Therefore, it should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss the dose of VARIPRES 1mg Injection injection, please consult the doctor.
What are the drugs that interact with VARIPRES 1mg Injection ?
Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VARIPRES 1mg Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of VARIPRES 1mg Injection :
- Pale skin/face
- Shortness of breath
- Abdominal cramps
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased blood pressure
- Breathing problems
- Chest pain
- Hot flushes
- Kidney failure
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving VARIPRES 1mg Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to VARIPRES 1mg Injection or similar drugs.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with VARIPRES 1mg Injection .
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid VARIPRES 1mg Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid VARIPRES 1mg Injection if you have a history of bronchial asthma.
- VARIPRES 1mg Injection should be avoided if you are more than 70 years old.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving VARIPRES 1mg Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver and kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about VARIPRES 1mg Injection
- What are the contraindications of VARIPRES 1mg Injection ?
- How should VARIPRES 1mg Injection be stored?
- Is it safe to receive VARIPRES 1mg Injection if I have a history of high blood pressure?
VARIPRES 1mg Injection is contraindicated in patients with heart diseases.
VARIPRES 1mg Injection should be stored in a refrigerator (2 – 8OC). Do not freeze the medication.
No, VARIPRES 1mg Injection is not advised in the patients with high blood pressure. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.