Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet 10's
By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
Rs.31.98 (47% Savings)
Rs.40.60 (33% Savings)
Rs.41.76 (31% Savings)
Rs.53.95 (12% Savings)
Rs.55.00 (10% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet used for?
VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet is used for the treatment of epilepsy, bipolar affective disorder and migraine headaches.
VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet work?
VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-convulsants. This drug acts by stabilising the electrical activity in the brain by enhancing the inhibitory action of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). It is also known to reduce the extent of sodium-dependent action potentials, which reduces the repetitive electrical signals and prevents epileptic fits.
How to use VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet may include:
- Severe drowsiness
You must seek immediate medical care, if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet include the following:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet:
- Body pain
- Gastric irritation
- Transient hair loss
- Behavioural disturbances
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe dizziness
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may further worsen the side effects of VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet and increase the risk of respiratory depression.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after using VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet medication as it may cause severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Inform the doctor if you experience any changes in mood or distressing thoughts.
You are advised not to take VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of respiratory disorder, liver disease, renal impairment or porphyria.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet
- Can I take VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet if I have a history of liver disease?
- Can I use VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet while having any history of bleeding disorder?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to use VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet while having diabetes?
It is not recommended to take VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet medication if you have hepatic impairment. Please consult your doctor.
Be cautious while taking VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet medication if you have any history of bleeding disorder as it can result in low platelet count (thrombocytopenia).
You should undergo blood tests to monitor liver function, blood cells and blood clotting time before using the drug. Your liver function should be monitored frequently while using the drug.
Be cautious in using VALPROL CR 300mg Tablet while having diabetes. However, consult your doctor for the safe use of medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.