What is VALENT H Tablet used for?
VALENT H Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension. This combination is mostly used in patients with hypertension who are not adequately controlled with monotherapy.
VALENT H Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VALENT H Tablet work?
In VALENT H Tablet, Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to the class of drugs called thiazide diuretics. It lowers the fluid content in the blood vessels by increasing the urine volume.
Valsartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor blockers. It controls blood pressure by preventing the narrowing of blood vessels.
How to take VALENT H Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take VALENT H Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of VALENT H Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of VALENT H Tablet may include:
- Blurry vision
- Chest pain
- Increased sweating
- Increased urination
What are the drugs that interact with VALENT H Tablet?
Drugs that interact with VALENT H Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VALENT H Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of VALENT H Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach upset
- Weight loss
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bladder pain
- Blood in urine
- Blurry vision
- Breathing difficulties
- Chest discomfort
- Muscle cramping
- Tarry stools
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions VALENT H Tablet?
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of VALENT H Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if VALENT H Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid VALENT H Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while taking VALENT H Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take VALENT H Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking VALENT H Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, heart, liver or kidney disorders while taking VALENT H Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are suffering from vomiting and diarrhoea before taking VALENT H Tablet as it increases the risk of fluid loss from the body.
Frequently Asked Questions about VALENT H Tablet
- I am on VALENT H Tablet for hypertension. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How should VALENT H Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking VALENT H Tablet?
- What are the other formulations available for VALENT H Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of VALENT H Tablet?
Do not stop taking VALENT H Tablet without informing the doctor, as discontinuing the medicine may worsen your condition.
Store VALENT H Tablet at room temperature (25 – 30OC).
It is advised to have a regular check on your blood pressure while taking VALENT H Tablet to prevent the risk of hypotension.
VALENT H Tablet medicine is available only in tablet dosage form.
Do not alter the dose of VALENT H Tablet without consulting the doctor as it may increase the risk of side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.