Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
Rs.67.33 (11% Savings)
|Out of stock|
Rs.68.35 (10% Savings)
Rs.69.61 (8% Savings)
Rs.70.00 (7% Savings)
Rs.71.29 (6% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is UTICHEK Tablet used for?
UTICHEK Tablet is used for the treatment of urinary tract infections.
UTICHEK Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does UTICHEK Tablet work?
UTICHEK Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called nitrofuran antibiotics. This drug acts by interfering with the bacterial cell wall synthesis. Thus, it helps in decreasing the growth and propagation of bacteria.
How to take UTICHEK Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take UTICHEK Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take UTICHEK Tablet tablets/capsules with or without food.
If you miss a dose of UTICHEK Tablet, take it once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with UTICHEK Tablet?
Drugs that interact with UTICHEK Tablet include the following:
- Amyl nitrate
- Cholera vaccine
- Sodium nitrate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of UTICHEK Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of UTICHEK Tablet:
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Persistent cough
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Joint pain
- Bluish skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking nitrofUTICHEK Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to UTICHEK Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if UTICHEK Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid UTICHEK Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because of its side effects.
- Be cautious while taking UTICHEK Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take UTICHEK Tablet if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking UTICHEK Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of severe kidney disease, urination problems, history of jaundice, anaemia, or diabetes.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about UTICHEK Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking UTICHEK Tablet?
- Is it safe to use UTICHEK Tablet in children?
- What are the contraindications of UTICHEK Tablet?
- Can I use UTICHEK Tablet to treat common cold?
Yes, it is advised to monitor kidney function, liver function and urine cell culture regularly while taking UTICHEK Tablet.
It is not advised to use UTICHEK Tablet in children. Consult your doctor before using the drug.
UTICHEK Tablet is contraindicated in patients with severe kidney impairment and hypersensitivity to the drug.
No, UTICHEK Tablet is only used to treat bacterial infections. Please consult your doctor for appropriate medication in case of viral infections, such as common cold or flu.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.