UNICALCIN 100IU Injection 1ml
What is UNICALCIN 100IU Injection used for?
UNICALCIN 100IU Injection inhaler/injection/nasal spray is used for the treatment of osteoporosis in post-menopausal women.
UNICALCIN 100IU Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does UNICALCIN 100IU Injection work?
UNICALCIN 100IU Injection belongs to the class of drugs called hormones. The drug acts by binding to certain receptors in the body, which enhances the enzymes to improve and maintain the calcium levels in the blood. Thus, it decreases the bone loss process.
How to use UNICALCIN 100IU Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use UNICALCIN 100IU Injection inhaler/injection/nasal spray as prescribed by your doctor.
- Remove the cap and shake the inhaler Hold the inhaler in front of the mouth and breathe in slowly. Press the inhaler one time and breathe as deeply as you can.
- UNICALCIN 100IU Injection injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
- Please follow the instruction provided on the leaflet while using this nasal spray .
If you miss a dose of UNICALCIN 100IU Injection , please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of UNICALCIN 100IU Injection include the following:
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with UNICALCIN 100IU Injection ?
Drugs that interact with UNICALCIN 100IU Injection include the following:
- Zoledronic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of UNICALCIN 100IU Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of UNICALCIN 100IU Injection :
- Abdominal pain
- Swelling at the injection site
- Blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased urination
- Salty taste in the mouth
- Muscle cramps
- Swelling of ankles
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed using UNICALCIN 100IU Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to UNICALCIN 100IU Injection or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of UNICALCIN 100IU Injection .
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if UNICALCIN 100IU Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid UNICALCIN 100IU Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use UNICALCIN 100IU Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using UNICALCIN 100IU Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney, heart or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you get pregnant while using UNICALCIN 100IU Injection .
Frequently Asked Questions about UNICALCIN 100IU Injection
- How should UNICALCIN 100IU Injection injection be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while using UNICALCIN 100IU Injection ?
- Is it common to experience joint pain while using UNICALCIN 100IU Injection ?
UNICALCIN 100IU Injection injection should be stored in a refrigerator, but do not freeze the medication.
Yes. It is advised to include a diet rich in calcium and vitamin D while using UNICALCIN 100IU Injection .
No. Joint pain is one of the severe side effects of UNICALCIN 100IU Injection . Consult your doctor immediately on experiencing such symptoms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.