TYROGEF 250mg Tablet 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is TYROGEF 250mg Tablet used for?
TYROGEF 250mg Tablet is used for the treatment of locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer.
TYROGEF 250mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TYROGEF 250mg Tablet work?
TYROGEF 250mg Tablet belongs to the class of chemotherapeutic drugs called signal transduction inhibitors. The drug acts by inhibiting or blocking the action of tyrosine kinases associated with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR). Thus, the drug prevents the proliferation and spread of the cancer cells.
How to take TYROGEF 250mg Tablet?
The dosage and drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TYROGEF 250mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food.
If you miss a dose of TYROGEF 250mg Tablet, take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TYROGEF 250mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with TYROGEF 250mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TYROGEF 250mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TYROGEF 250mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Eye irritation
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Clay-coloured stools
- Discolouration of urine
- Skin rash
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions TYROGEF 250mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TYROGEF 250mg Tablet
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid getting pregnant if you are on TYROGEF 250mg Tablet medication.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight while taking TYROGEF 250mg Tablet medication.
You are advised not to take TYROGEF 250mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TYROGEF 250mg Tablet?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to TYROGEF 250mg Tablet.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing liver or kidney diseases.
Frequently Asked Questions about TYROGEF 250mg Tablet
- How should TYROGEF 250mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the TYROGEF 250mg Tablet?
- How long can I take TYROGEF 250mg Tablet?
- What are the overdose symptoms of TYROGEF 250mg Tablet?
- Can I give TYROGEF 250mg Tablet to my 8-year-old child?
TYROGEF 250mg Tablet must be stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
No, TYROGEF 250mg Tablet dose is prescribed depending on the complexity of neuropathic pain. Therefore, altering the dose is not advised.
TYROGEF 250mg Tablet should be taken only for the prescribed period.
The overdose symptoms of TYROGEF 250mg Tablet include chest pain, difficulty breathing, and persistent vomiting. You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
No, TYROGEF 250mg Tablet should be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. However, the safe use of TYROGEF 250mg Tablet in children is not yet established.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.