What is TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet used for?
TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders.
TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet work?
TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-psychotics. This drug acts by blocking certain chemicals that transfer nerve impulses to the brain. However, the exact mechanism of TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet is still unknown.
How to use TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet with or without food.
- Use a marked dropper for measuring oral liquid dosage form. This can be mixed with water or a beverage such as apple/orange juice.
- TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet injection should be administered only under the medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet, consult a doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet tablet/syrup:
- Difficulty in speaking
- Shuffling walk
- Muscle spasm
- Difficulty in urinating
The following are the most common side effects of TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet injection:
- Swelling and redness at the site of injection
- Shortness of breath
- Increased heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid performing strenuous physical activities while using TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of non-cancerous tumour of the adrenal gland, high blood prolactin levels, Alzheimer’s disease, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet
- How should TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet tablet be stored?
- Can I take TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet tablet in case of low WBC count?
- What are the other formulations of TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet available?
- Is it safe to use TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet if I have Parkinson’s disease?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet?
TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
It is not advised to take TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet tablet if you have low levels of WBC count asit may lead to complications. Consult your doctor before using the drug.
TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet is available as injection, oral liquid and tablet.
No. TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet is contraindicated for the patients with Parkinson’s disease.
No. Do not change the dose of TYPIDOL 5mg Tablet without consulting a doctor. However, you must consult your doctor for dose-related enquiries.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.