What is TROFAME XR Capsule used for?
TROFAME XR Capsule is used for the treatment of overactive bladder.
TROFAME XR Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TROFAME XR Capsule work?
TROFAME XR Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called anti-cholinergic agents. This drug works by blocking the action of cholinergic receptors present on the surface of the bladder. Thus, it helps in relaxing the muscles of the bladder.
How to take TROFAME XR Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TROFAME XR Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule. Take TROFAME XR Capsule with or without food.
If you miss a dose of TROFAME XR Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TROFAME XR Capsule?
The drugs that interact with TROFAME XR Capsule are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TROFAME XR Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of TROFAME XR Capsule:
- Dry mouth
- Stomach upset
- Dry eyes
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin rash
- Blurred vision
- Trouble breathing
- Allergic reactions
- Swelling of the face, tongue or throat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TROFAME XR Capsule?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TROFAME XR Capsule
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TROFAME XR Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly stopping the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with TROFAME XR Capsule.
You are advised not to take TROFAME XR Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TROFAME XR Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to TROFAME XR Capsule.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TROFAME XR Capsule
- Can I take TROFAME XR Capsule if I have any histor of urinary tract infection?
- Is it safe to take Donepezil while on TROFAME XR Capsule?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking TROFAME XR Capsule?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of TROFAME XR Capsule?
- How is TROFAME XR Capsule stored?
No, it is not advisable to take TROFAME XR Capsule if you are suffering from urinary tract infection. However, please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
No, taking Donepezil while on TROFAME XR Capsule may increase the risk of side effects. Therefore, please consult your doctor to know the potential risks involved while taking the medicine.
Yes, it is advised to follow a fibre-rich diet as constipation is one of the side effects of TROFAME XR Capsule. Consult your doctor for a change in your diet.
No, TROFAME XR Capsule dose is prescribed depending on the complexity of the condition. Hence, altering the dose is not advised.
TROFAME XR Capsule is stored at room temperature (20 – 25°C). Keep it away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.