What is TRIMOP Tablet used for?
TRIMOP Tablet is used for the treatment of vitiligo and psoriasis.
TRIMOP Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TRIMOP Tablet work?
TRIMOP Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called psoralens. This drug works by stimulating melanin production in the presence of ultraviolet light. Thus, it helps in relieving the condition.
How to take TRIMOP Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TRIMOP Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take TRIMOP Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of TRIMOP Tablet, please take it once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TRIMOP Tablet?
Please consult your doctor for the possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TRIMOP Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TRIMOP Tablet:
- Sore skin
- Blistering and peeling of skin
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Swelling of the hands and feet
- Trouble sleeping
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TRIMOP Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while taking TRIMOP Tablet
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TRIMOP Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid taking TRIMOP Tablet during pregnancy and breastfeeding as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take TRIMOP Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TRIMOP Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to TRIMOP Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TRIMOP Tablet
- Is it safe to consume alcohol while taking TRIMOP Tablet?
- Can I recommend TRIMOP Tablet to a person with psoriasis symptoms?
- How is TRIMOP Tablet stored?
- Does TRIMOP Tablet cause sunburns?
No, it is not advised to consume alcohol while taking TRIMOP Tablet as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
No, it is not advisable to recommend TRIMOP Tablet to even a person with psoriasis symptoms, as the severity of the condition may not be the same for every individual. Do not recommend any drug without the doctor’s consent.
TRIMOP Tablet is stored at room temperature between 20 and 25°C, away from sunlight, heat and moisture. Keep it away from children.
TRIMOP Tablet increases the sensitivity of the skin when exposed to sunlight. Therefore, it is advised to use protective clothing to prevent sunburns.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.