TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet 10's
By Eris Lifesciences Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet used for?
TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine, which is used to control blood sugar levels in adults with type 2 diabetes.
TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet work?
In TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet, Gliclazide belongs to the class of drugs called insulin secretagogues. It acts by stimulating the pancreatic cells to release insulin. The endogenously produced insulin helps in lowering the glucose concentration in the blood.
Metformin helps in decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from food in the intestine. It also decreases glucose production in the liver. Thus, it normalises the blood sugar level.
Pioglitazone works by increasing insulin sensitivity through specific receptors and stimulating the peripheral glucose uptake.
How to take TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Usually, this combination should be taken with the first meal of the day.
If you miss a dose of TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet may include:
- Cold sweats
- Extreme weakness
What are the drugs that interact with TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Allergic skin reactions
- Blurred vision
- Loss of consciousness
- Profuse sweating
- Sore throat
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver, thyroid problems or heart problems such as high blood pressure, heart attack, diabetic ketoacidosis, heart failure or irregular heart rate.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet:
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet?
- I am on TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet for type 2 diabetes. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How should TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet?
You must monitor blood sugar levels on a regular basis while taking TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet.
You must continue using TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet until your doctor advises you to stop using it. Abrupt discontinuation may lead to changes in the blood sugar levels.
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet is available only as tablet.
No. Altering the dose of TRICYBLEX 60mg Tablet medicine may lead to low blood sugar levels (hypoglycaemia).
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.