- Lab Tests
- Health Corner
TRIBEN AD LOTION contains Ketoconazole and Zinc pyrithione which belong to the group of medicines called Antimicrobials. It is used to treat and prevent dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis (a fungal infection causing dry or oily scaling of the scalp and other parts of the body).
Before using TRIBEN AD LOTION, inform your doctor if you have any allergies, or if you are using any steroids. TRIBEN AD LOTION can be usually used by pregnant and breastfeeding women but consult your doctor for advice.
TRIBEN AD LOTION is not recommended for use in infants and children. Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, wash eyes thoroughly with water. Call your doctor if you experience any side effects or if any of the symptoms get worse.
TRIBEN AD LOTION reduces infection where ketoconazole kills the fungus and zinc pyrithione stops the growth of the infecting organism.
Use TRIBEN AD LOTION as advised by your physician. It is for external use only. Wet your hair and scalp and apply sufficient TRIBEN AD LOTION to produce enough lather. Massage for one minute to produce enough lather and keep it for 5 minutes.
If TRIBEN AD LOTION accidentally gets in your eye, wash your eyes with water. Do not swallow it. Your doctor will decide the right dose and duration of therapy for you according to your age, body weight and disease condition.
Stop using TRIBEN AD LOTION and contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following side effects:
Avoid hot showers as it can irritate your skin more. Do not scratch the affected area. Use protective clothing when going outdoors. Regularly moisturize your skin. If symptom persists, contact your doctor.
Wash your eyes with plain cold water. Apply ice pack on your eye to soothe the irritation. Keep away from mobile phones, laptops, or television to avoid straining your eyes. Wear protective sunglasses while going outdoors. If irritation persists, contact your doctor.
TRIBEN AD LOTION can generally be used in pregnant women, however, consult your doctor before using it.
TRIBEN AD LOTION can generally be used in breastfeeding women, however, consult your doctor before using it.
TRIBEN AD LOTION is unlikely to affect your ability to drive or to use any machinery.
Do not use TRIBEN AD LOTION if you are allergic to Ketoconazole, Zinc pyrithione or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Use in paediatrics:
TRIBEN AD LOTION is not recommended for use in infants and children. Consult your child’s doctor for advice.
A. Drug - Drug interactions:
Before using TRIBEN AD LOTION, inform your doctor if you are using any of the following medicines:
If you or anyone else accidentally use too much of TRIBEN AD LOTION, consult your doctor immediately or visit the nearby hospital.
|Drug||:||Ketoconazole, Zinc pyrithione|
|Pharmacological Category||:||Imidazole antifungals, Antiseborrheics|
|Therapeutic Indication||:||Fungal infections of skin and scalp|
|Dosage Forms||:||Gel, Shampoo, Lotion, Soap, Solution|
Can TRIBEN AD LOTION interact with other medicines?
Before using TRIBEN AD LOTION, inform your doctor if you have been using steroid medicines such as betamethasone or hydrocortisone for a long period of time as these might interact with each other. You must gradually reduce their use over 2 to 3 weeks as you start to use TRIBEN AD LOTION. Also tell your doctor if you are taking, have taken, or might take any other medicine, including prescription, over the counter or any herbal medicine.
How often should I use TRIBEN AD LOTION?
Use TRIBEN AD LOTION as directed by your physician, usually twice a week for 4 weeks followed by once daily as maintenance therapy. However, the dose and duration might differ for every patient so, consult your doctor before using it. Your doctor will decide the right dose and duration of therapy for you according to your age, body weight and disease condition.
What if TRIBEN AD LOTION gets in my eye?
Use TRIBEN AD LOTION with care and avoid getting it in your eyes or mouth. If it gets in your eye, wash your eyes with water. If any irritation or discomfort persists, consult your doctor.
What if I swallow TRIBEN AD LOTION?
If you or anyone else accidentally swallow TRIBEN AD LOTION, see your doctor immediately or go to your nearest hospital. Take your medicine with you for the doctor to know what you’ve ingested.
What if I forget to use TRIBEN AD LOTION?
If you forget to use TRIBEN AD LOTION, use it as soon as you remember and then continue your treatment as usual. Do not double the use to make up for the missed dose.
1. KD. Tripathi. Antifungal Drugs. Essentials of medical pharmacology. Eighth edition. 2019. Page – 844, 949, 950.
2. Piérard-Franchimont, Claudine, et al. A multicenter randomized trial of ketoconazole 2% and zinc pyrithione 1% shampoos in severe dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. Skin Pharmacology and Physiology. Karger. November-December 2002. [Accessed on 9th November 2022] https://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/66452
3. Saple, D. G., G. Ravichandran, and A. Desai. Evaluation of safety and efficacy of ketoconazole 2% and zinc pyrithione 1% shampoo in patients with moderate to severe dandruff--a postmarketing study. Journal of the Indian Medical Association. Europe PMC. December 2000. [Accessed on 9th November 2022] https://europepmc.org/article/med/11394481
4. Janssen Pharmaceutica NV. Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). [Revised in July 2020] [Accessed on 9th November 2022] https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1510.pdf
5. Daily med. Pyrithione zinc shampoo. [Revised in November 2021] [Accessed on 9th November 2022] https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=5052e965-da35-49de-b5c5-eda074365176
6. Leeford Healthcare Limited. Ketoscalp lotion (Ketoconazole + Zinc pyrithione). [Accessed on 9th November 2022] https://www.leeford.in/product/1395/ketoscalp-lotion
7. Leeford Healthcare Limited. Ketoscalp shampoo (Ketoconazole + Zinc pyrithione). [Accessed on 9th November 2022] https://www.leeford.in/product/1397/ketoscalp-shampoo
8. Glowderma Lab Pvt Ltd. Kevon Zip lotion (Ketoconazole + Zinc pyrithione). [Accessed on 9th November 2022] https://glowderma.com/kevon-zip-lotion/
9. Cutis Biotech. Danwash hair (Ketoconazole + Zinc pyrithione). [Accessed on 9th November 2022] http://www.cutisbiotech.com/haircare-danwashhair.php
Written By Dr. Jeenal Rajani, Pharm.D.
Last updated on 23 Nov 2022 | 09:18 AM(IST)
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.