TRAZINE S Tablet 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is TRAZINE S Tablet used for?
TRAZINE S Tablet is used for the treatment of mental disorders, such as schizophrenia and Parkinson’s disease.
TRAZINE S Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TRAZINE S Tablet work?
In TRAZINE S Tablet, Trifluoperazine belongs to the class of drugs called as the anti-psychotics. This drug acts by blocking the dopamine receptors in the brain. Thus, it helps in decreasing the abnormal excitement in the brain.
Trihexyphenidyl belongs to the class of drugs called as the anti-cholinergics. This drug acts by partially blocking the cholinergic activities in the central nervous system, which relieves the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
How to take TRAZINE S Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TRAZINE S Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of TRAZINE S Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TRAZINE S Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TRAZINE S Tablet include the following:
- Valproic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TRAZINE S Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TRAZINE S Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Muscle weakness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Postural hypertension
- Increased prolactin levels
- Blood dyscrasias
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TRAZINE S Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TRAZINE S Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking TRAZINE S Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid long exposures in the sun while taking TRAZINE S Tablet.
- Avoid TRAZINE S Tablet if you are pregnant as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TRAZINE S Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid activities that may cause injuries or bleeding.
You are advised not to take TRAZINE S Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TRAZINE S Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of depression, glaucoma, heart and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TRAZINE S Tablet
- How should TRAZINE S Tablet be stored?
- What are the contraindications of TRAZINE S Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking TRAZINE S Tablet?
- Can I exercise while taking TRAZINE S Tablet?
- Can I use TRAZINE S Tablet to treat dementia?
TRAZINE S Tablet must be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight.
TRAZINE S Tablet is contraindicated in patients with bone marrow depression, liver disease, prolactin dependent tumour and lactation.
Yes, it is advised to monitor complete blood cell count, eye-sight and intraocular pressure while taking TRAZINE S Tablet.
Yes. However, it is advised to avoid prolonged exposure in the sun while exercising.
No. Although TRAZINE S Tablet is used to treat mental disorders, it is not advised to treat dementia. please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.