TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet 10's
By Boehringer Ingelheim India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet used for?
TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet tablet is used to lower the blood sugar levels in people suffering from type 2 diabetes.
TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet work?
In TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet, Linagliptin belongs to the class of drugs called DPP-4 inhibitors. This drug acts by preventing the degradation of incretin hormone and enables the release of insulin from pancreatic cells. Thus, it helps in decreasing the blood sugar levels.
Metformin belongs to the class of drugs called biguanides. The drug acts by improving insulin sensitivity and maintaining the blood glucose levels by lowering the hepatic glucose production and increasing the intestinal absorption of glucose.
How to take TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet:
- Decreased appetite
- Sore throat
- Running nose
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Lactic acidosis
- Severe joint pain
- Change in vision
- Low blood sugar
- Extreme weakness
- Unusual muscle pain
- Trouble breathing
- Severe abdominal pain
- Profuse sweating
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet?
- Do not consume alcohol while taking TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet as it may cause dizziness or blurred vision.
- Consult a doctor before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet
Frequently Asked questions about TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet
- Is it safe to take a higher dose of TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet for faster recovery?
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet?
- How should TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet be stored?
No, it is not advisable to alter the dose of the drug as the dosage of TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet is prescribed based on the severity of the condition.
Yes, it is advised to undergo blood tests and kidney function tests to check the blood sugar levels and blood creatinine levels while taking TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet.
Yes. TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet may reduce the levels of vitamin B12. Therefore, include foods, such as yogurt, cheese and milk.
TRAJENTA DUO 2.5/850mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.