What is TOBACIN F Eye Drops used for?
TOBACIN F Eye Drops eye drops are used for the treatment of eye conditions due to injury, inflammation and bacterial infections.
TOBACIN F Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TOBACIN F Eye Drops work?
In TOBACIN F Eye Drops, Fluorometholone belongs to the class of drugs called ophthalmic corticosteroids. It acts by reducing inflammation, thereby improving the eye condition.
Tobramycin belongs to the class of drugs called aminoglycoside antibiotics. It works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria, thereby reducing the eye infections.
How to use TOBACIN F Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use TOBACIN F Eye Drops eye drops as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instil one or two eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of TOBACIN F Eye Drops, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TOBACIN F Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with TOBACIN F Eye Drops are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TOBACIN F Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of TOBACIN F Eye Drops:
- Redness of the eye
- Allergic reactions
- Eye discharge
- Increased tear production
- Blurred vision
- Eye discomfort
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased pressure in the eye
- Eyelid swelling
- Eye pain
- Eyelid itching
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using TOBACIN F Eye Drops?
- Avoid TOBACIN F Eye Drops during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid using TOBACIN F Eye Drops in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Leave a gap of at least 5 to 10 minutes before you use other eye drops.
You are advised not to use TOBACIN F Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using TOBACIN F Eye Drops?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about TOBACIN F Eye Drops
- Is it safe to consume alcohol while on TOBACIN F Eye Drops?
- What are the overdose symptoms of TOBACIN F Eye Drops?
- How to use TOBACIN F Eye Drops eye drops with contact lens?
No, it is not advisable to consume alcohol while on TOBACIN F Eye Drops as it may alter the drug absorption.
The overdose symptoms of TOBACIN F Eye Drops include burning sensation in the eye, watery eyes and blurred vision.
It is advisable to remove your contact lens before using the eye drops and reinsert it soon after adding the eye drops into the eye.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.