|Out of stock|
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is TMATECAD?
- TMATECAD contains Topiramate which belongs to the group of medicines called antiepileptics
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
What TMATECAD is used for?
It is used,
- to treat certain types of seizures and generalized tonic- clonic seizures
- in combination with other medicines to treat certain types of seizures (partial onset seizures, primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures and seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome)
- to prevent migraine headaches
Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine, if you:
- have or have had depression, mood problems or suicidal thoughts or behavior
- have kidney problems, have kidney stones, or are getting kidney dialysis
- have a history of metabolic acidosis (too much acid in the blood)
- have liver problems
- have weak, brittle or soft bones (osteomalacia, osteoporosis, osteopenia, or decreased bone density)
- have lung or breathing problems
- have eye problems, especially glaucoma
- have diarrhoea
- have a growth problem
- are on a diet high in fat and low in carbohydrates, which is called a ketogenic diet
- are having surgery
- Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take:
- valproic acid
- any medicines that impair or decrease your thinking, concentration or muscle coordination
- birth control pills
- Take TMATECAD exactly as prescribed by your doctor
- Your healthcare provider may change your dose. Do not change your dose without talking to your healthcare provider
- It should be swallowed whole. Do not chew the tablet. They may leave a bitter taste
- This medicine can be taken before, during, or after a meal. Drink plenty of fluids during the day This may help prevent kidney stones while taking TMATECAD
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medicine
If you take too much TMATECAD
- If you take too much TMATECAD, call your healthcare provider and go to the nearest emergency room
If you miss a single dose of TMATECAD
- Take it as soon as you can. Do not double your dose
If you stop taking TMATECAD
- Do not stop taking TMATECAD without talking to your healthcare provider. Stopping this medicine suddenly may cause serious problems
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- high blood ammonia levels such as affect your mental activities, slow your alertness, make you feel tired or cause vomiting
- kidney stones
- low body temperature
- effects on thinking and alertness such as affect how you think and cause confusion, problems with concentration, attention, memory or speech
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.