|Out of stock|
Rs.12.71 (90% Savings)
Rs.38.66 (71% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is THYROX 75mcg Tablet used for?
THYROX 75mcg Tablet is used for the treatment of underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism).
THYROX 75mcg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does THYROX 75mcg Tablet work?
THYROX 75mcg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called hormonal agents. This drug acts by binding to the thyroid receptor proteins and controlling the DNA transcription and protein synthesis. It regulates multiple metabolic processes and plays a crucial role in normal growth and development.
How to take THYROX 75mcg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take THYROX 75mcg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug on an empty stomach and at least 30 minutes before the breakfast.
If you miss a dose of THYROX 75mcg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of THYROX 75mcg Tablet may include:
- Leg cramps
- Chest pain
- Feeling nervous
- Shortness of breath
- Increased heartbeat
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with THYROX 75mcg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with THYROX 75mcg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of THYROX 75mcg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of THYROX 75mcg Tablet:
- Hair loss
- Chest pain
- Extreme fatigue
- Decreased urine output
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Sensitivity to heat
- Shortness of breath
- Unusual tiredness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking THYROX 75mcg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to THYROX 75mcg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Consult your doctor before taking THYROX 75mcg Tablet medication during breastfeeding.
- Avoid taking iron supplements and antacids containing aluminum or magnesium within 4 hours before or after taking THYROX 75mcg Tablet medication.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on THYROX 75mcg Tablet.
You are advised not to take THYROX 75mcg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking THYROX 75mcg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of thyrotoxicosis, decreased adrenal gland function, heart disease or high blood pressure.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have recently received any radiation therapy with iodine.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about THYROX 75mcg Tablet
- Is it common to have irregular menstrual periods while taking THYROX 75mcg Tablet?
- Is it safe to take THYROX 75mcg Tablet medicine if I have any history of diabetes?
- Can I continue taking THYROX 75mcg Tablet medicine before undergoing a dental surgery?
- Do I need to discontinue THYROX 75mcg Tablet medication during pregnancy?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking THYROX 75mcg Tablet medication?
Yes. Irregular menstrual periods are one of the most common side effects of THYROX 75mcg Tablet medication. Hormonal imbalance can cause an irregular menstrual cycle. Please consult your doctor.
Consult your doctor before taking THYROX 75mcg Tablet medication if you have any history of diabetes.
Consult your doctor regarding the benefits and potential risks of THYROX 75mcg Tablet prior to a scheduled dental surgery.
It is not advised to discontinue THYROX 75mcg Tablet medication without your doctor’s advice, as low thyroid hormone levels may affect the growth and development of the foetus.
Avoid taking foods such as instant soy formula, walnuts and high-fiber foods as they can alter the absorption of THYROX 75mcg Tablet medication.