What is THYROCAB 5mg Tablet used for?
THYROCAB 5mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hyperthyroidism and thyrotoxicosis. It is also recommended for individuals undergoing thyroidectomy.
THYROCAB 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does THYROCAB 5mg Tablet work?
THYROCAB 5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-thyroid agents. The drug acts by interfering with certain enzymes, thereby inhibiting the production of thyroid hormone (T3 and T4). Thus, it helps in treating elevated thyroid levels.
How to take THYROCAB 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take THYROCAB 5mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of THYROCAB 5mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with THYROCAB 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with THYROCAB 5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of THYROCAB 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of THYROCAB 5mg Tablet:
- Stomach upset
- Hair thinning
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Hair loss
- Joint pain
- Bone marrow depression
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking THYROCAB 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to THYROCAB 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if THYROCAB 5mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid THYROCAB 5mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take THYROCAB 5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking THYROCAB 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about THYROCAB 5mg Tablet
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking THYROCAB 5mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to take THYROCAB 5mg Tablet in anaemic patients?
- How long can I take THYROCAB 5mg Tablet?
Yes, it is advised to undergo a blood test regularly while taking THYROCAB 5mg Tablet.
No. It is not advised to take THYROCAB 5mg Tablet in anaemic patients. However, please consult your doctor.
THYROCAB 5mg Tablet is advised to take for at least 6 to 18 months or as prescribed by the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.