THIORIL 50mg Tablet 10's
By Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
10% Unlimited NMS Cash*
(on All Full Pre-Paid Orders)
*Cashback validity: 31 days
What is THIORIL 50mg Tablet used for?
THIORIL 50mg Tablet is used for the treatment of mood disorders, such as schizophrenia.
THIORIL 50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does THIORIL 50mg Tablet work?
THIORIL 50mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-psychotics. It works by blocking the action of dopamine receptors and certain chemicals in the brain. Thus, it reduces inappropriate actions, feelings, negative thoughts and hallucinations.
How to take THIORIL 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take THIORIL 50mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take THIORIL 50mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of THIORIL 50mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with THIORIL 50mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with THIORIL 50mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of THIORIL 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of THIORIL 50mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Trouble breathing
- Muscle stiffness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Uncontrolled movement of the face, lips and tongue
- Profuse sweating
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking THIORIL 50mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on THIORIL 50mg Tablet
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if THIORIL 50mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Get up slowly while rising from supine or seated position so as to reduce the risk of light-headedness or dizziness that may occur with the use of THIORIL 50mg Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of THIORIL 50mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take THIORIL 50mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking THIORIL 50mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to THIORIL 50mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about THIORIL 50mg Tablet
- Is it safe to take Chlorpromazine for behavioural disorder while on THIORIL 50mg Tablet?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking THIORIL 50mg Tablet?
- How long can I take THIORIL 50mg Tablet?
- Is THIORIL 50mg Tablet safe during pregnancy?
No, it is not advisable to take Chlorpromazine while on THIORIL 50mg Tablet as it may increase the risk of side effects. Therefore, please inform the doctor about your medical history along with the medications taken.
Follow a diet rich in fibre and include fruits and veggies in your diet for smooth bowel movement.
It is recommended to take THIORIL 50mg Tablet for the prescribed duration. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return. Please consult the doctor for further information.
No, THIORIL 50mg Tablet is not safe for pregnant women as it may affect the growing foetus. However, please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.