Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is THIONAC 8mg Tablet used for?
THIONAC 8mg Tablet is used for the treatment of muscle spasms.
THIONAC 8mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does THIONAC 8mg Tablet work?
THIONAC 8mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called muscle relaxants. It helps in preventing muscle contractions by binding to the GABA receptor and activating the GABAergic inhibitory motor pathway. It also possesses anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
How to use THIONAC 8mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take THIONAC 8mg Tablet with or without food.
- Apply a thin layer of THIONAC 8mg Tablet cream on the affected area and rub it gently.
- THIONAC 8mg Tablet injection should be administered only under the supervision of a healthcare provider. Do not self-medicate.
If you miss a dose of THIONAC 8mg Tablet, please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with THIONAC 8mg Tablet?
Please consult your doctor to know about the possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of THIONAC 8mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of THIONAC 8mg Tablet capsule/tablet/injection:
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using THIONAC 8mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on THIONAC 8mg Tablet
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of THIONAC 8mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if THIONAC 8mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat or tongue.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
What should you tell your doctor before using THIONAC 8mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to THIONAC 8mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing depression, liver or heart diseases.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about THIONAC 8mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use THIONAC 8mg Tablet with a history of seizures?
- For how long is THIONAC 8mg Tablet usually prescribed?
- What are the contraindications of THIONAC 8mg Tablet?
Use of THIONAC 8mg Tablet may cause seizures. Therefore, it is not advisable to use the drug in people with a history of seizures. However, please consult your doctor.
The duration of the treatment depends on the severity of the condition. Therefore, please consult your doctor.
The contraindications of THIONAC 8mg Tablet include hypersensitivity and diabetes. You must inform the doctor about your medical history before using the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.