THIOACT D 4mg Capsule 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is THIOACT D 4mg Capsule used for?
THIOACT D 4mg Capsule tablet/capsule is used for treating the symptoms of arthritis.
THIOACT D 4mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does THIOACT D 4mg Capsule work?
In THIOACT D 4mg Capsule, Diclofenac Sodium belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The drug acts by inhibiting the formation of certain substances by blocking the action of enzymes, Thus, it helps to decrease the inflammatory chemicals in the body and reduces the pain and inflammation.
Thiocolchicoside belongs to the class of drugs called muscle relaxants. The drug acts by antagonising the action of certain receptors in the brain, thereby preventing the muscle contraction.
How to take THIOACT D 4mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take THIOACT D 4mg Capsule tablet/capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Do not tear open the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of THIOACT D 4mg Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of THIOACT D 4mg Capsule include the following:
- Unusual weakness
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble in breathing
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with THIOACT D 4mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with THIOACT D 4mg Capsule include the following:
- Sodium phosphate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of THIOACT D 4mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of THIOACT D 4mg Capsule:
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Severe stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Loss of consciousness
- Muscle twitching
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking THIOACT D 4mg Capsule?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to THIOACT D 4mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of THIOACT D 4mg Capsule .
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if THIOACT D 4mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on THIOACT D 4mg Capsule.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Consult your doctor before taking THIOACT D 4mg Capsule during breastfeeding as it can show adverse effects on the nursing infant.
You are advised not to take THIOACT D 4mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking THIOACT D 4mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about THIOACT D 4mg Capsule
- Is it safe to increase the dose of THIOACT D 4mg Capsule for faster recovery?
- Is it safe to take THIOACT D 4mg Capsule during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to take THIOACT D 4mg Capsule while undergoing dialysis?
No. Altering the dose of THIOACT D 4mg Capsule is not advisable as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Consult your doctor regarding the potential risks and benefits of THIOACT D 4mg Capsule drug during pregnancy.
Be cautious while taking THIOACT D 4mg Capsule while you are undergoing dialysis, as it increases the adverse effects of the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.