Rs.223.85 (13% Savings)
Rs.239.50 (7% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is TEROL LA 4mg Capsule used for?
TEROL LA 4mg Capsule is used for the treatment of overactive bladder. It helps in relieving the symptoms, such as excessive urination and involuntary urination (urinary incontinence).
TEROL LA 4mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TEROL LA 4mg Capsule work?
TEROL LA 4mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called anti-spasmodics. This drug acts by blocking the activity of muscarinic receptors of the bladder wall and inhibiting the action of acetylcholine. Inhibition of acetylcholine activity helps in controlling the involuntary contractions of the bladder and reducing the urge to urinate.
How to take TEROL LA 4mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TEROL LA 4mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule/tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule/tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of TEROL LA 4mg Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of TEROL LA 4mg Capsule may include:
- Severe headache
- Unusual excitement
You must seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with TEROL LA 4mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with TEROL LA 4mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TEROL LA 4mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of TEROL LA 4mg Capsule:
- Dry mouth
- Stomach upset
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Increased weight
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble in passing urine
- Changes in eye sight
- Swelling of the throat
- Severe drowsiness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TEROL LA 4mg Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TEROL LA 4mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TEROL LA 4mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid performing strenuous exercises or exposing to the sunlight while on TEROL LA 4mg Capsule medication.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of TEROL LA 4mg Capsule
- Consult your doctor before taking TEROL LA 4mg Capsule medicine during breastfeeding.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TEROL LA 4mg Capsule.
- Notify the doctor about the usage of TEROL LA 4mg Capsule before undergoing any surgery.
You are advised not to take TEROL LA 4mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TEROL LA 4mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TEROL LA 4mg Capsule
- Is it safe to use TEROL LA 4mg Capsule medication in geriatric patients?
- What happens if I take Amitriptyline while taking TEROL LA 4mg Capsule capsule/tablet?
- Can I take TEROL LA 4mg Capsule medicine while having a history of narrow-angle glaucoma?
Be cautious while using TEROL LA 4mg Capsule medication in geriatric patients as they can be more sensitive to the side effects.
When Amitriptyline is used along with TEROL LA 4mg Capsule, it may increase the risk of side effects such as dry mouth, constipation, blurred vision and difficulty passing urine. Please consult your doctor.
Be cautious while taking TEROL LA 4mg Capsule medicine if you have any history of narrow-angle glaucoma, as the drug may worsen the condition.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.