What is TERIFRAC Pen Injection used for?
TERIFRAC Pen Injection is used for the treatment of osteoporosis.
TERIFRAC Pen Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TERIFRAC Pen Injection work?
TERIFRAC Pen Injection belongs to the class of drugs called parathyroid hormone analogues. This drug acts by regulating calcium and phosphate metabolism in bone and kidneys. It also acts by stimulating new bone formation, which results in increased bone mineral density.
How to administer TERIFRAC Pen Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
TERIFRAC Pen Injection is available as an injection. Therefore, it should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of TERIFRAC Pen Injection injection, please consult the doctor.
What are the drugs that interact with TERIFRAC Pen Injection ?
Drugs that interact with TERIFRAC Pen Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TERIFRAC Pen Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of TERIFRAC Pen Injection :
- Blurred vision
- Muscle spasm
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Increased urination
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving TERIFRAC Pen Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TERIFRAC Pen Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if TERIFRAC Pen Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use TERIFRAC Pen Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving TERIFRAC Pen Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of bone disorders, kidney stones and high level of calcium in the blood.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TERIFRAC Pen Injection
- What are the overdose symptoms of TERIFRAC Pen Injection ?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using TERIFRAC Pen Injection ?
- How should TERIFRAC Pen Injection be stored?
The overdose symptoms of TERIFRAC Pen Injection may include severe dizziness, unusual tiredness, nausea and vomiting. Please consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood calcium levels regularly while using TERIFRAC Pen Injection .
TERIFRAC Pen Injection injection should be stored in a refrigerator. Do not freeze.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.