What is TERBOCET Cream used for?
TERBOCET Cream tablet is used in the treatment of fungal infections.
TERBOCET Cream topical is used in the treatment of fungal skin infections, such as ringworm, athlete’s foot and jock itch.
TERBOCET Cream may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TERBOCET Cream work?
TERBOCET Cream belongs to the class of drugs called as antifungals. This drug acts by inhibiting ergosterol, an important component of fungal cell membrane. Thus, it results in fungal cell death.
How to use TERBOCET Cream?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use TERBOCET Cream as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of TERBOCET Cream on the affected area and rub it gently.
If you miss a dose of TERBOCET Cream, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TERBOCET Cream?
Drugs that interact with TERBOCET Cream include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TERBOCET Cream?
The following are the most common side effects of TERBOCET Cream tablet :
- Trouble swallowing
- Pale skin
- Painful urination
- Changes in taste
The following are the most common side effects of TERBOCET Cream topical :
- Swollen skin
- Skin blisters
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using TERBOCET Cream?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TERBOCET Cream or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking TERBOCET Cream if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to use TERBOCET Cream if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using TERBOCET Cream?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of infections, kidney and liver damage.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TERBOCET Cream
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using TERBOCET Cream tablet?
- Is it safe to use TERBOCET Cream during pregnancy?
- Can I consume alcohol while using TERBOCET Cream tablet?
Yes, it is advised to monitor complete blood cell count and liver function while using TERBOCET Cream.
No, it is not recommended to use TERBOCET Cream during pregnancy. Please consult your doctor.
No, it is not advised to consume alcohol while using TERBOCET Cream as it may alter the absorption of the drug.