What is TELROSE Tablet used for?
TELROSE Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension. It is also recommended in the prevention of heart attack and stroke.
TELROSE Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TELROSE Tablet work?
In TELROSE Tablet, Rosuvastatin belongs to the class of drugs called statins. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of HMG-CoA reductase enzyme, which is responsible for the biosynthesis of cholesterol in the liver. Thus, it helps in reducing the levels of bad cholesterol and triglycerides.
Telmisartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor blockers. The drug acts by interfering with the activity of angiotensin II, which results in relaxation of the smooth muscles and allows easy flow of blood. Thus, it helps in lowering the blood pressure.
How to take TELROSE Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TELROSE Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of TELROSE Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TELROSE Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TELROSE Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TELROSE Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TELROSE Tablet:
- Body pains
- Sore throat
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Trouble in breathing
- Visual disturbances
- Severe joint pains
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TELROSE Tablet?
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to TELROSE Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid TELROSE Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking this medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking TELROSE Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience swelling of lips, tongue or throat.
You are advised not to take TELROSE Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TELROSE Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TELROSE Tablet
- Is it safe to take TELROSE Tablet in elderly patients?
- Can I use TELROSE Tablet before undergoing a scheduled surgery?
- Is it safe to use TELROSE Tablet in a patient with the history of liver disease?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking TELROSE Tablet?
Yes. TELROSE Tablet can be used in elderly patients to treat a heart attack. However, TELROSE Tablet should only be used when recommended by the doctor.
No, consult your doctor for the safe use of TELROSE Tablet before undergoing any scheduled surgery.
No. TELROSE Tablet increases the risk of liver problems. Therefore, it is unsafe to use TELROSE Tablet in a patient with the history of liver diseases.
Yes, blood pressure and lipid profile must be regularly monitored while taking TELROSE Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.