TELMIDIL AM Tablet 10's
By Anthem Bio Pharma Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.45.00 (52% Savings)
Rs.50.50 (46% Savings)
Rs.75.50 (20% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is TELMIDIL AM Tablet used for?
TELMIDIL AM Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension.
TELMIDIL AM Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TELMIDIL AM Tablet work?
In TELMIDIL AM Tablet, Amlodipine Besylate belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. It acts by blocking the entry of calcium ions into the smooth muscles, which helps in relaxing the blood vessels. Thus, it reduces high blood pressure.
Telmisartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonist. It helps in widening the blood vessels, which improves the blood flow. Thus, it helps in lowering the blood pressure.
How to take TELMIDIL AM Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TELMIDIL AM Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take TELMIDIL AM Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of TELMIDIL AM Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TELMIDIL AM Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TELMIDIL AM Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TELMIDIL AM Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TELMIDIL AM Tablet:
- Trouble breathing
- Mild skin rash
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Change in urine output
- Muscle weakness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling of the hands and feet
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TELMIDIL AM Tablet?
- Avoid TELMIDIL AM Tablet in case of allergic reactions.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TELMIDIL AM Tablet
- Do not consume alcohol while taking TELMIDIL AM Tablet as it may cause excessive dizziness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take TELMIDIL AM Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TELMIDIL AM Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver, kidney diseases or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are hypersensitive to any of the drugs in TELMIDIL AM Tablet
Frequently Asked questions about TELMIDIL AM Tablet
- Can I take a higher dose of TELMIDIL AM Tablet for faster recovery?
- Does TELMIDIL AM Tablet cause weight gain?
- Can I discontinue taking TELMIDIL AM Tablet when I feel better?
- Is it safe to take TELMIDIL AM Tablet during pregnancy?
- Can I recommend TELMIDIL AM Tablet to a geriatric patient?
No, it is not advisable to change the dose of the drug. The dosage of TELMIDIL AM Tablet is based on the severity of the condition.
TELMIDIL AM Tablet has not been reported to cause weight gain. However, consult your doctor immediately if you develop this symptom.
Do not stop taking TELMIDIL AM Tablet abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
Do not take TELMIDIL AM Tablet during pregnancy as it may affect the growing foetus. However, please consult your doctor.
No, it is not advisable to recommend drugs to geriatric patients without your doctor’s consent. The severity of the condition may not be the same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.