What is TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet used for?
TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension and increased cholesterol levels.
TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet work?
In TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet, Atorvastatin belongs to the class of drugs called statins. The drug acts by blocking the action of certain enzymes in the liver and reduces the level of bad cholesterol, thereby reducing the risk of heart diseases.
Telmisartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers. The drug acts by binding to certain receptors on the vascular smooth muscles and causes relaxation, thereby allowing free flow of blood.
How to take TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet include the following:
- Fast heartbeat
- Severe dizziness
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Yellowing of eyes
- Muscle weakness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Severe dizziness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet
- How should TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet be stored?
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet?
- Should I follow any dietary restrictions while taking TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet?
TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15 - 30°C) away from heat, light and moisture.
It is advised to undergo blood cholesterol test regularly while taking TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet.
It is advised to avoid potassium-rich diet while taking TELISTA PLUS 40mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.