Rs.68.50 (27% Savings)
Rs.75.00 (20% Savings)
Rs.84.00 (10% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is TEF 250mg Tablet used for?
TEF 250mg Tablet tablet is used in the treatment of fungal infections.
TEF 250mg Tablet topical is used in the treatment of fungal skin infections, such as ringworm, athlete’s foot and jock itch.
TEF 250mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TEF 250mg Tablet work?
TEF 250mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as antifungals. This drug acts by inhibiting ergosterol, an important component of fungal cell membrane. Thus, it results in fungal cell death.
How to use TEF 250mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use TEF 250mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of TEF 250mg Tablet on the affected area and rub it gently.
If you miss a dose of TEF 250mg Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TEF 250mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TEF 250mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TEF 250mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TEF 250mg Tablet tablet :
- Trouble swallowing
- Pale skin
- Painful urination
- Changes in taste
The following are the most common side effects of TEF 250mg Tablet topical :
- Swollen skin
- Skin blisters
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using TEF 250mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TEF 250mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking TEF 250mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to use TEF 250mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using TEF 250mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of infections, kidney and liver damage.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TEF 250mg Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using TEF 250mg Tablet tablet?
- Is it safe to use TEF 250mg Tablet during pregnancy?
- Can I consume alcohol while using TEF 250mg Tablet tablet?
Yes, it is advised to monitor complete blood cell count and liver function while using TEF 250mg Tablet.
No, it is not recommended to use TEF 250mg Tablet during pregnancy. Please consult your doctor.
No, it is not advised to consume alcohol while using TEF 250mg Tablet as it may alter the absorption of the drug.