TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet 15's
Rs.46.75 (73% Savings)
Rs.47.43 (72% Savings)
Rs.50.50 (71% Savings)
Rs.59.50 (65% Savings)
Rs.60.00 (65% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet used for?
TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension.
TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet work?
In TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet, Amlodipine Besylate belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. It acts by blocking the entry of calcium ions into the smooth muscles, which helps in relaxing the blood vessels. Thus, it reduces high blood pressure.
Telmisartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonist. It helps in widening the blood vessels, which improves the blood flow. Thus, it helps in lowering the blood pressure.
How to take TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet:
- Trouble breathing
- Mild skin rash
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Change in urine output
- Muscle weakness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling of the hands and feet
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet?
- Avoid TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet in case of allergic reactions.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet
- Do not consume alcohol while taking TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet as it may cause excessive dizziness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver, kidney diseases or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are hypersensitive to any of the drugs in TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet
Frequently Asked questions about TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet
- Can I take a higher dose of TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet for faster recovery?
- Does TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet cause weight gain?
- Can I discontinue taking TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet when I feel better?
- Is it safe to take TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet during pregnancy?
- Can I recommend TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet to a geriatric patient?
No, it is not advisable to change the dose of the drug. The dosage of TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet is based on the severity of the condition.
TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet has not been reported to cause weight gain. However, consult your doctor immediately if you develop this symptom.
Do not stop taking TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
Do not take TARGIT AM 40mg Tablet during pregnancy as it may affect the growing foetus. However, please consult your doctor.
No, it is not advisable to recommend drugs to geriatric patients without your doctor’s consent. The severity of the condition may not be the same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.