Rs.56.50 (19% Savings)
Rs.69.00 (1% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is TAMCUF 0.4mg?
- Tamsulosin belongs to the class of a selective 1A/1D-adrenoceptor antagonist
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
What TAMCUF 0.4mg is used for?
- It reduces tension of the smooth muscles in the prostate and the urethra, enabling urine to pass more readily through the urethra and facilitating urination. In addition, it diminishes sensations of urge
- It is used in men for the treatment of the complaints of the lower urinary tract associated with an enlarged prostatic gland (benign prostatic hyperplasia)
Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine
- are allergic to Tamsulosin
- have a history of a fall in blood pressure on standing up, which causes dizziness, light-headedness or fainting
- have severe liver problems/kidney problems
- experience swelling in your face or throat, difficult breathing and/or itching and rash, which are symptoms of angio-oedema
- are undergoing or have been scheduled for eye surgery
- Tamsulosin is not indicated for use in women therefore information on pregnancy and lactation is not relevant
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure
- This medicine should be taken after breakfast or after your first meal of the day
- Swallow the medicine whole with a glass of water
- Patients with impaired hepatic or renal function in patients with renal or mild to moderate hepatic insufficiency it is not necessary to adjust the dose
If you take more TAMCUF 0.4mg
- Your blood pressure may suddenly drop if you take more Tamsulosin contact your doctor immediately
If you forget to take TAMCUF 0.4mg
- You may take your daily Tamsulosin later the same day if you have forgotten to take it as recommended
- Never take a double dose to make up for the forgotten dose
If you stop taking TAMCUF 0.4mg
- When treatment with Tamsulosin is stopped prematurely, your original complaints may return
- Always consult your doctor, if you consider stopping this therapy
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- hypersensitivity reaction with purplish spots or patches on the skin, blisters on the skin, peeling of the skin, (high) fever, joint pain and or eye inflammation (Stevens-Johnson syndrome)
- swelling of the face or throat (angio-oedema)
- feeling your heartbeat (palpitations)
- a fall in blood pressure on standing up, which causes dizziness, light-headedness or fainting (orthostatic hypotension)
- swelling and irritation inside the nose (rhinitis)
- feeling sick (nausea or Vomiting)
- hives (urticaria)
- feeling of weakness (asthenia)
- fainting (syncope)
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.