What is TAGON 6mg Tablet used for?
TAGON 6mg Tablet is used for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with constipation.
TAGON 6mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TAGON 6mg Tablet work?
TAGON 6mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called serotonin agonists. It works by activating serotonin receptors, which helps in increasing the mobility of the intestine and relieving constipation.
How to take TAGON 6mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TAGON 6mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take TAGON 6mg Tablet on an empty stomach with a glass of water.
If you miss a dose of TAGON 6mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TAGON 6mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with TAGON 6mg Tablet are:
What are the side effects of TAGON 6mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TAGON 6mg Tablet:
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe diarrhoea
- Rectal bleeding
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TAGON 6mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TAGON 6mg Tablet
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TAGON 6mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with TAGON 6mg Tablet.
- Avoid TAGON 6mg Tablet if you have a history of blockage of the bowel, bile duct or gallbladder problems.
- Use TAGON 6mg Tablet with caution in elderly.
You are advised not to take TAGON 6mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TAGON 6mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to TAGON 6mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TAGON 6mg Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of TAGON 6mg Tablet?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking TAGON 6mg Tablet?
- How long can I take TAGON 6mg Tablet?
- Is TAGON 6mg Tablet safe for pregnant women?
No, TAGON 6mg Tablet dose is prescribed depending on the severity of the condition. Therefore, altering the dose is not advised.
Follow a diet rich in fibre while taking TAGON 6mg Tablet. Also, include fruits and veggies in your diet for smooth bowel movement.
It is recommended to take TAGON 6mg Tablet for the prescribed duration. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
No, TAGON 6mg Tablet is not safe for pregnant women as it may affect the growing foetus. However, please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.