Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
SWICH CV 50mg DRY Syrup 30ml
By Alkem Laboratories Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup used for?
SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup liquid/suspension/syrup/tablet is used for the treatment of the following:
- Respiratory tract infection
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Urinary tract infection
SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup work?
In SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup, Cefpodoxime belongs to the class of drugs called cephalosporins. It works by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, thereby resulting in bacterial cell death.
Clavulanate (Clavulanic Acid) belongs to the class of drugs called semi synthetic beta-lactamase inhibitors. It inhibits certain enzymes and enhances the pharmacological activity of Cefpodoxime. Therefore, it is used in combination with Cefpodoxime.
How to take SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup liquid/suspension/syrup/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Shake the liquid/suspension/syrup well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup?
Drugs that interact with SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup include the following:
- Aluminium carbonate
- Calcium carbonate
- Cholera vaccine
- Sodium bicarbonate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup:
- Dark urine
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bloody nose
- Chest pain
- Dry mouth
- Extreme fatigue
- Trouble breathing
- Severe abdominal pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup.
You are advised not to take SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup
- How should SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup be stored?
- Is it safe to take SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup if I have a history of seizures?
- Is it common to experience hearing loss while taking SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup?
SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup should be stored at room temperature (15-30°C) away from light, heat and moisture.
No. It is not advisable to take SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup if you have a history of seizures as this medicine worsens seizures.
No. Hearing loss is one of the serious side effects of SWICH CV 50mg Dry Syrup. However, consult the doctor if you experience hearing loss.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.