What is SUV O Suspension used for?
SUV O Suspension is used for the treatment of stomach and bowel ulcers.
SUV O Suspension may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SUV O Suspension combination work?
SUV O Suspension combination belongs to the class of drugs called anti-ulcer drugs. This drug acts by attaching to certain proteins on the surface of ulcers to form stable insoluble complexes, which serve as protective barriers at the ulcer surface.
How to take SUV O Suspension combination?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take SUV O Suspension combination as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug on an empty stomach.
- Shake the syrup well before taking each dose to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
If you miss a dose of SUV O Suspension combination, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SUV O Suspension combination?
Drugs that interact with SUV O Suspension combination include the following:
What are the side effects of SUV O Suspension combination?
The following are the most common side effects of SUV O Suspension:
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Back pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using SUV O Suspension combination?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SUV O Suspension or similar drugs.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Use a measuring cup to measure each dose.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if SUV O Suspension causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take SUV O Suspension combination if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using SUV O Suspension combination?
- Tell your doctor if you have any medical condition of kidney problems, delayed gastric emptying or other stomach/intestinal problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about SUV O Suspension
- Can I take antacids along with SUV O Suspension combination?
- How should SUV O Suspension combination be stored?
- Should I follow any dietary or lifestyle changes while taking SUV O Suspension combination?
Yes. However, it is advised take antacids at least 30 minutes before or after taking SUV O Suspension combination.
SUV O Suspension combination should be stored at room temperature (20 – 25OC) away from heat and light.
Yes, it is advised to exercise regularly and a change in diet is recommended while taking SUV O Suspension combination.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.