What is SUPRACAL K2 Tablet used for?
SUPRACAL K2 Tablet is used for the treatment of bone loss and osteoporosis caused by steroids.
SUPRACAL K2 Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SUPRACAL K2 Tablet work?
SUPRACAL K2 Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as vitamins. This drug acts by carboxylation of vitamin K-dependent proteins, which facilitates coagulation of blood.
How to take SUPRACAL K2 Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take SUPRACAL K2 Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of SUPRACAL K2 Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SUPRACAL K2 Tablet?
Warfarin is the only drug that interacts with SUPRACAL K2 Tablet. Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SUPRACAL K2 Tablet?
SUPRACAL K2 Tablet is known to be safe and well-tolerated by the individuals. Please consult your doctor for possible side effects.
What special precautions SUPRACAL K2 Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SUPRACAL K2 Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking SUPRACAL K2 Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take SUPRACAL K2 Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking SUPRACAL K2 Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of hypervitaminosis, reduced bile secretion, vitamin malabsorption, kidney or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about SUPRACAL K2 Tablet
- What is the standard dose of SUPRACAL K2 Tablet per day?
- What are the natural sources of SUPRACAL K2 Tablet?
- How should SUPRACAL K2 Tablet be stored?
The standard dose of SUPRACAL K2 Tablet is 100-120 mcg/day. However, the dose may depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
The natural sources of SUPRACAL K2 Tablet include cheese, cabbage and fermented soy.
SUPRACAL K2 Tablet must be stored at room temperature away from sunlight.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.