Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet 10's
What is SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet used for?
SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet is an oral anti-diabetic medicine, which is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. This combination should be used in conjunction with diet and exercise regimen to improve glycaemic control.
SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet work?
In SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet, Glimepiride belongs to the class of drugs called insulin secretagogues. It works by decreasing the blood glucose levels by stimulating the insulin release from the pancreatic cells.
Metformin belongs to the class of drugs called biguanides, which helps in decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from food in the intestine. It also decreases glucose production in the liver. Thus, it normalises the blood sugar level.
Mecobalamin is a vitamin, which is used as a dietary supplement. It helps in increased production of red blood cells in the body.
How to take SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Usually, this combination should be taken with the first meal of the day.
If you miss a dose of SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
- Mood swings
- Unusual weight gain
- Photosensitivity reactions
- Blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Dark-coloured urine
- Lactic acidosis
- Yellow-coloured eyes
- Yellow-coloured skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of Glimepiride + Mecobalamin (Methylcobalamin) +Metformin combination.
- Avoid SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Glimepiride + Mecobalamin (Methylcobalamin) +Metformin combination causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- If you have to undergo any radiological procedures, you must inform the doctor about the usage of Glimepiride + Mecobalamin (Methylcobalamin) +Metformin combination.
Frequently Asked questions about SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet
- How should SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet?
- What are the other formulations of SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet available?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet?
- Can I take SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet for type 1 diabetes?
SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature. Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight and moisture.
SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet works effectively when used along with proper diet and exercise regimen.
SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet is available only in the tablet dosage form.
Yes, regular monitoring of blood sugar levels is advised while on SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet medicine.
No, SUGAMET MC G2mg Tablet is prescribed only for type 2 diabetic patients.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.