Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is SUCRAL Tablet used for?
SUCRAL Tablet tablet/syrup is used for the treatment and prevention of gastrointestinal ulcers.
SUCRAL Tablet topical is used in the treatment of second and third-degree burns.
SUCRAL Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SUCRAL Tablet work?
SUCRAL Tablet belongs to a class of drugs called protective agents. It works by creating a coating over the ulcer and reduces further damage due to the production of the stomach acid. This promotes the healing process of the ulcer. SUCRAL Tablet topical acts as a protective barrier and promotes wound healing.
How to use SUCRAL Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use SUCRAL Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take SUCRAL Tablet tablet on an empty stomach, 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals.
- For syrup dosage form, measure the prescribed amount of liquid before taking each dose. Shake well before use.
- Apply a thin layer of SUCRAL Tablet cream on the affected area and rub it gently.
If you miss a dose of SUCRAL Tablet, please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with SUCRAL Tablet?
The drugs that interact with SUCRAL Tablet oral are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SUCRAL Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of SUCRAL Tablet tablet/syrup:
- Stomach upset
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble swallowing
- Swelling of the face, tongue or throat
- Difficulty breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using SUCRAL Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on SUCRAL Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with SUCRAL Tablet.
- Monitor your serum aluminium levels while using SUCRAL Tablet tablet.
- Consult the doctor before using any antacid while taking SUCRAL Tablet syrup or tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to use SUCRAL Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using SUCRAL Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to SUCRAL Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing gastro-intestinal, heart, liver or kidney problems.
Frequently Asked questions about SUCRAL Tablet
- Does SUCRAL Tablet affect kidney function?
- What are the overdose symptoms of SUCRAL Tablet cream?
- Can I discontinue using SUCRAL Tablet when I feel better?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on SUCRAL Tablet tablet?
Patients with renal impairment should be cautious, and geriatric patients are at a higher risk of developing increased aluminium levels. However, please consult your doctor if you develop symptoms such as decreased urination and pain while urinating.
The overdose symptoms of SUCRAL Tablet topical are inflammation, redness, rash and blisters. Please consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
No, do not discontinue using the medicine as it may increase the risk of side effects. However, please consult your doctor.
Follow a diet rich in fibre as constipation is one of the side effects of SUCRAL Tablet. However, also consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.