Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
SUCRAL Cream 20gm
By Strassenburg Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is SUCRAL Cream used for?
SUCRAL Cream tablet/syrup is used for the treatment and prevention of gastrointestinal ulcers.
SUCRAL Cream topical is used in the treatment of second and third-degree burns.
SUCRAL Cream may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SUCRAL Cream work?
SUCRAL Cream belongs to a class of drugs called protective agents. It works by creating a coating over the ulcer and reduces further damage due to the production of the stomach acid. This promotes the healing process of the ulcer. SUCRAL Cream topical acts as a protective barrier and promotes wound healing.
How to use SUCRAL Cream?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use SUCRAL Cream as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take SUCRAL Cream tablet on an empty stomach, 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals.
- For syrup dosage form, measure the prescribed amount of liquid before taking each dose. Shake well before use.
- Apply a thin layer of SUCRAL Cream cream on the affected area and rub it gently.
If you miss a dose of SUCRAL Cream, please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with SUCRAL Cream?
The drugs that interact with SUCRAL Cream oral are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SUCRAL Cream?
The following are the most common side effects of SUCRAL Cream tablet/syrup:
- Stomach upset
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble swallowing
- Swelling of the face, tongue or throat
- Difficulty breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using SUCRAL Cream?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on SUCRAL Cream
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with SUCRAL Cream.
- Monitor your serum aluminium levels while using SUCRAL Cream tablet.
- Consult the doctor before using any antacid while taking SUCRAL Cream syrup or tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to use SUCRAL Cream if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using SUCRAL Cream?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to SUCRAL Cream.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing gastro-intestinal, heart, liver or kidney problems.
Frequently Asked questions about SUCRAL Cream
- Does SUCRAL Cream affect kidney function?
- What are the overdose symptoms of SUCRAL Cream cream?
- Can I discontinue using SUCRAL Cream when I feel better?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on SUCRAL Cream tablet?
Patients with renal impairment should be cautious, and geriatric patients are at a higher risk of developing increased aluminium levels. However, please consult your doctor if you develop symptoms such as decreased urination and pain while urinating.
The overdose symptoms of SUCRAL Cream topical are inflammation, redness, rash and blisters. Please consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
No, do not discontinue using the medicine as it may increase the risk of side effects. However, please consult your doctor.
Follow a diet rich in fibre as constipation is one of the side effects of SUCRAL Cream. However, also consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.